- OrderBay reserves the right to decline a customer’s request for any of our services if it considers the request objectionable or inconsistent with the company’s vision, mission or values or where a decision has been specifically taken not to fulfill orders of the type requested or for any other reason.
- Any charges that will be directly generated from fulfilling a customer’s order such as the item cost, taxes, shipping and handling charges, customs and service fees, presently in effect or established in the future, will be billed to the customer.
- Our Service Fee is subject to change without prior notice. Where the service fee is changed, OrderBay will communicate the new fee structure via our web site at http://orderbay.com/faq/what-we-charge/
- NEW!! Exchange Rate Fluctuation. Due to frequent exchange rate fluctuations between the Naira and USD, the prevailing OrderBay exchange rate as at the time of preparing final invoices for customers will be applicable to the entire order. e.g. If the OrderBay exchange rate is N179/$1 (as at the time a customer receives the Initial Quote and requests OrderBay to proceed) and the final exchange rate is N190/$1 (as of the time the Final Invoice is prepared and sent to the customer), the rate of N190/$1 will be applicable to the entire order including the initial deposit made. Customers are advised to pay in USD if they do not want this policy to apply to their order.
- NEW!! Making Payments to OrderBay. Customers are expected to include their name and order/invoice # when making payments to OrderBay online or at the bank. Where a customer does not include one or both of this information, this may result in delays in processing the order for which payment was made.
DEBIT CARD ORDERS
- UPDATED!!! Debit Cards are available only in the following denominations which are included on the order form on our web site: $50, $100, $250, $350, $500. OrderBay will not accept or process requests for Debit Cards for other values.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring that the non-reloadable debit card we offer (www.vanillavisa.com) will be accepted on the web site where the card is to be used. Debit Cards cannot be “returned” for a refund once the card details have been sent to the customer.
- Customers agree to pay 100% of the total order cost before OrderBay proceeds with the purchase of the card.
- Customers cannot modify or add to a Debit Card order after the purchase has been completed.
- Where a customer completes a Payment Order form and does not include all applicable charges required to fulfil the order (e.g. Western Union fees, wire transfer fee, money order fees, etc.) and proceeds to make payment for the order, OrderBay will issue a revised quote for the order and the customer can choose to pay the additional amount due and proceed with the order or request a refund.
- The customer agrees to pay 100% of the total order cost before OrderBay proceeds with the payment.
- Customers cannot modify or add to a Payment order after the payment has been completed.
- Where the customer requires a refund for a Payment order, OrderBay will work with the merchant or institution on behalf of the customer to obtain a refund where possible. The customer will be refunded only after the merchant has refunded OrderBay. All associated costs to process the refund will be charged to the customer and deducted from from the refunded amount.
- Where a customer completes a Sourcing Order form and underestimates or overestimates the weight of the order or any other elements of the order, the OrderBay team where possible will review and advise the customer and issue a revised quote. Where a revised quote is not issued and the customer proceeds to make payment, OrderBay will proceed with the purchase and make all adjustments on the final invoice.
- Where the exchange rate fluctuates significantly between the time a customer pays the initial deposit for an order and the time the final invoice is issued (usually a maximum of 2 weeks), OrderBay will apply the new exchange rate in preparing the final invoice.
- The customer agrees to pay at least 75% of the total order cost before any purchase is made. OrderBay will NOT purchase a customer’s order if the deposit is not paid first. Please do not ask for an exemption from this policy. Payment indicates authorization to proceed with the order.
- OrderBay will bid for a customer’s order only after the 75% deposit (or full payment as applicable) is paid. Where OrderBay does not win the bid and the customer decides not to proceed with the order, OrderBay will refund the customer.
- Customers are expected to notify OrderBay at email@example.com after a payment is made. The notification must include the customer name, order #, amount paid and the bank the payment was made at. Where a customer does not include one or more of this information, this may result in delays in processing the order for which payment was made.
- OrderBay will send customers a receipt after an order is purchased. The customer is expected to review the receipt in detail and advise within 24 hours if there are any issues with the items ordered. Where the customer does not advise OrderBay within this timeline, the customer will have to accept the items ordered.
- Where a customer requires additional items to be purchased and included in an order that has already been purchased, the customer has to advise OrderBay within 24 hours of receiving the purchase receipt for the initial order. If the customer does not advise OrderBay within this timeline, OrderBay reserves the right to either treat the request as a new order or not proceed with the purchase of the additional item and advise the customer of the decision.
- Where a customer decides to cancel one or more items that have already been purchased and does not advise OrderBay within 24 hours of receiving the purchase receipt, OrderBay reserves the right not to process the cancellation with the merchant. Where the customer advises OrderBay within the stipulated timeline, OrderBay will contact the merchant regarding the cancellation and provide feedback on progress to the customer. Where a merchant refuses to cancel an order and refund OrderBay, OrderBay will advise the customer accordingly.
- Large orders that consist of 15 or more items may need to be treated as separate orders for purchase purposes to ensure the order is manageable and easy to track. e.g. we had an order with over 60 separate packages shipped by Amazon even though the order was placed as a single order.
- OrderBay will provide order updates to customers only where there are significant order changes that the customer needs to be notified of. The major order changes include:
- Please note that sometimes, when we experience a large number of orders, we may not provide timely updates regarding # 4 above. Once you have received notification that your order has been purchased (#2), and you do not hear from the team within a one (1) week period, kindly follow up with an email.
- Customer packages for a single order will no longer be shipped on a first come, first shipped basis as previously done. Packages for a single order will be consolidated and shipped together as much as possible.
- Customer packages will no longer be shipped to Lagos prior to receiving all balance payments due. Customers are expected to pay the balance due on their order as soon as the final invoice is received.
- Customers are expected to pick up their order (or agree a delivery date where applicable) within one week of receiving notification that the package is available and ready. OrderBay will not be responsible for any packages not picked up within this timeline, if there are any issues.
- Costumers are responsible for checking the contents of their packages at the pickup location (or upon delivery as applicable) and reporting any issues immediately both to the contact person at the location or the person who delivers and to OrderBay via email within 24 hours. Where the customer does not report the issue within this timeline, OrderBay will not be responsible or liable.
- NEW!! Rep. Orders: Rep orders are orders that have to be purchased by OrderBay’s Representative and shipped to our Rep’s address because the merchant will not ship directly to our shipper or any freight forwarders. Our Rep. will purchase the order and ship to our designated Rep. address and after delivery, ship the package to our Shippers. A Rep. Fee of $10 will be applicable for such orders and the shipping cost from the Rep. to our shipper will also be charged to the customer. OrderBay will advise customers where this is applicable and the customer can decide whether or not to proceed with the order.
- Returns and Refunds
Prior to Shipment to Nigeria: Where a customer decides to return an item and advises OrderBay BEFORE the item is packaged for shipment, OrderBay will work with the merchant on behalf of the customer to return the items. The customer will be responsible for all costs associated with returning the package, except where the merchant provides a prepaid return label.
After Shipment to Nigeria: Where a customer decides to return a package, the following will apply:
SCENARIO 1: OrderBay purchased and shipped the RIGHT item to Nigeria.
The customer will be responsible for all costs associated with returning the item to the US or Canada as applicable, in line with the merchant’s return policy and within the merchants return window. OrderBay will work with the merchant to ensure the refund is issued and refund the customer only AFTER the merchant processes the refund and pays OrderBay.
SCENARIO 2: OrderBay purchased and shipped the WRONG item to Nigeria.
OrderBay will determine with input from the customer whether the return is cost effective. If the return is determined to be cost effective, OrderBay will bear 100% of the shipping cost from Nigeria to US/Canada as applicable as long as the merchant accepts returns and the return window is still open. If the return is determined not to be cost effective (or the merchant does not accept refunds or the return window is closed), OrderBay will advise the customer to leave or return the package to our Shippers and issue a refund or re-order at no additional cost to the customer.
SCENARIO 3: OrderBay purchased the RIGHT item but the Merchant shipped the WRONG item which was then shipped to Nigeria. OrderBay will determine with input from the customer whether the return is cost effective. If the return is determined to be cost effective, OrderBay will bear only 50% of the shipping cost (up to maximum of $100) from Nigeria to US/Canada as applicable as long as the merchant accepts returns and the return window is still open.
If the return is determined not to be cost effective (or the merchant does not accept refunds or the return window is closed), OrderBay will advise the customer to leave or return the package to our Shippers and issue a refund or reorder subject to a maximum order value of $250.
For Scenarios 1, 2 and 3 above, OrderBay will also advise the customer to attempt to sell the item, where possible, in order to mitigate any loss.
SCENARIO 4: OrderBay purchased and shipped the RIGHT item to Nigeria but the item was VISIBLY damaged in Transit or the item was Dead On Arrival (e.g. Electronics).
OrderBay will work with the Shippers to determine how, where and when the damage occurred and agree liability for the loss. The customer will be issued a full refund or the item will be re-ordered, based on the customer’s preference.
Where the damaged item is valued over $500, OrderBay will require at least 5 – 7 business days to discuss and agree liability with the Shippers prior to re-ordering or issuing a refund.
Where the defect is deemed to be a manufacturing defect and is reported by the customer within the stipulated return or warranty period, the customer will be responsible for shipping the item directly to the merchant or OrderBay as required. OrderBay does NOT test electronics purchased for customers prior to shipment.